Thursday, June 28, 2012

Jun-2012-28 Simple Guidance

My patroness is Danu but recently, in the last year or so, I have felt another presence, a patron. I have been addressing him as my unknown patron and including him in rites.  I have a lot of UPG related to him but I am waiting for him to reveal himself properly. I think he did so in a dream a few weeks back but I forgot to write what he told me so I’m still in the dark as to who He is.

Anyways, I did a full COoR today, just because it felt like the thing to do. I was up before the sun and had time to make a couple of small silver and gemstone offerings before the rite began. When I started it was that pre-dawn time, when the sky is lightening but the sun isn’t up, just the type of in-between that’s perfect for rites.

I was looking to accomplish three things in this rite:

  1. Connect with my unknown patron
  2. Seek guidance regarding job (since I am looking for a new consulting gig in a month or so)
  3. Seek help for family matters related to grandchildren

I also offered up an apple and orange to the nature spirits, in addition to the oats I usually do.

The rite went well. I drew omens (more on those below) and realized that I had misinterpreted the omens I drew at Solstice and corrected that after the rite.

I then took my offerings out, offering the tobacco for my ancestors to the wind and giving my well offerings and the oatmeal to the pond (where the oatmeal was gobbled up by a gaggle of ducks). Then I took the orange and apple across the street to a parcel of land that’s overgrown and left the orange and apple there for those nature spirits.

I still have a half tumbler of Glenlivet on my shrine. It felt like the right offering to give my unknown patron but I’m not sure where he would like me to deposit it. I had an idea coming back from the pond, though. There’s the stump of a tree there and it seems like it’s a good place to pour out the offering but it seems that it should wait until night so I guess it will sit on my shrine until then.

IMG_0752[1]

Omens:

  • What blessing do the kindred offer in return for my offerings?
    Ingwaz: Ing: fertility, ancestors.
    • I’m not really sure about this. I’ve done some research on Ingwaz and I’m going to have to get back on this one. It appears to be a positive omen though.
  • What blessings do the nature spirits offer in return for my offerings?
    Jera: Year: good harvest, hard work
    • I have to admit, this is a good symbol, especially with regard to my question about future work
  • What blessings do the Shining Ones offer in return for my offerings?
    Fehu:  Cattle, movable wealth, generosity
    • I think this goes hand in hand with the nature spirits omen regarding future work
  • What  blessings does my unknown patron offer in return for my offering?
    Mannaz: kinship
    • I have to believe I’m on the right track with my unknown patron and trust that he will reveal himself when the time is right.

Overall I think the rite went well. I know that I feel a bit better about all of the work I’ve been doing trying to sharpen my skillset. Now, off to work.

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment