Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Mantra

I have a new mantra I am using to help put myself in a spiritual place, mentally, and thought I would share.

Danu, Goddess of waters, please cleanse me,
Lugh of the long arm, please purify me,
Dagda, God of Good, please bless me.

Interestingly enough, after this came to me, I went back to figure out whether it made sense. In the Celtic mythos, Danu is the Mother Goddess and She is associated with water. In the broader, Indo European mythos, She is the basis of the name of the Danube, so the first part makes sense. But what about Lugh and the Dagda?

Then, in searching for information on that, I came across this rite by Ian Corrigan where he addresses Lugh as "purger of the unnatural," so I feel good about that reference as well.

Additional research led me to this article, outlining both the origin of the name God of Good and the fact that the Dagda bestowed blessings.

So I feel good about having some basis for this mantra, which also explains why it seems to work for me.

Blessings





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment