Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Hospice Serenity Prayer

God, give me grace to accept with serenity
That the coming end of my loved one’s life cannot be changed,
Courage to face this ending with dignity,
And the Wisdom to distinguish my grief from their relief.

Living one day at a time with them,
Enjoying each precious moment with them,
Accepting my hardship as a pathway to their peace,
Trusting that You will help me recognize that their final peace is a balm for my grief.

This is the most difficult thing You have ever asked of me,
But I know that You have done no less Yourself,
And so I ask, once more,
God, give me grace to accept with serenity
that the coming end of my loved one’s life cannot be changed,
Courage to face this ending with dignity,
and the Wisdom to distinguish my grief from their relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment